Hereunder, we make available to you our Full Privacy Notice Reservations / Users – Rest of the World, applicable to all our clients and users who make reservations of our services through this website or via our call center from any country around the world in which we have commercial activities, with exception of Mexico.
If you are in a European Union Member Country, the processing of your personal data will also be subject to our Privacy Notice Reservations / Users - Rest of the World GDPR; or
If you are located in the national territory of Brazil, the processing of your personal data will also be subject to our Privacy Notice Reservations / Users - Rest of the World LGPD. We invite you to read the documents which are of interest to you by clicking on their active links.
Operadora Palace Resorts (Ja.) Ltd (“Data Controller”) shall be in charge of processing your personal data. The Data Controller ´s address is located at Main St. Ocho Ríos, P.O. St. Ann Montego Bay, Moon Palace Jamaica Grande Hotel, Jamaica.
For any questions related to the processing of the personal data of our clients and users, the Data Controller puts the following email address at your disposal: email@example.com.
What personal data do we collect?
For the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, the Data Controller may collect and request the following personal data, among other:
- Identification and contact data.
- Personal characteristics data.
- Financial and patrimony data.
- Browsing data and electronic devices, such as IP address, geographical location, type of browser, type of operating system and web pages visited.
- Sensitive data (health status).
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
The Data Controller will use your personal data for any of the following purposes:
- Management and administration of reservations online or by phone.
- Provide assistance, deliver information and assist our clients in booking and contracting tourist services.
- Carry out validations on the veracity and quality of the information provided to Data Controller.
- Online payment processing and transaction clarifications.
- Creation, modification, updating and deletion of customer profiles of those who make reservations online or by phone.
- Management, control and administration of communications between you and Data Controller, of confirmations, updates or any type of incident related to your reservation.
- Invoicing of the services acquired through our online reservation means or by telephone, as well as debt collection even judicially or through third parties.
- Management of the customer service channel to register and provide follow-up to complaints, suggestions, doubts, clarifications or refunds.
- When appropriate, data analysis through the use of analytical technologies, artificial intelligence and / or big data, in order to evaluate the use of our online services, improve their performance and / or correct errors.
- To fulfill judicial and administrative obligations and requirements, including the delivery of information on fraud or identity theft.
- Information file on the use of our services for compliance with the applicable legal provisions, including the defense of Data Controller´s interests before judicial or administrative instances.
- Sending communications about offers and new tourist products and / or services.
- Carrying out satisfaction surveys.
With whom may we share your personal data?
The Data Controller may share your personal data with the following recipients, for any of the purposes indicated below:
- Towards our parent company or holding companies, affiliates or subsidiaries that operate under the same internal processes and policies, for the purposes of management, administration and centralized safekeeping of information, management, control and administration of reservations, as well as for the statistics of our clients, with the aim of evaluating, improving and designing new services.
- Tourism service providers, to communicate and complete reservations and acquisition of services made through the means established by Data Controller.
- Online payment service providers or banking entities, to process payments and, where appropriate, make clarifications of transactions made through our reservation channels.
- Specialized service providers, when we carry out identity verifications or validations on the veracity and quality of the information provided to Data Controller.
- Collection companies, for the recovery of unpaid credits and their collection, even judicially or through third parties.
- Judicial or administrative authorities, for the fulfillment of legal information obligations or duly founded and motivated information requirements.
- Business partners, to promote and / or sponsor products, services and special offers.
Rights of access, rectification, cancellation
When necessary, our clients and users may request access, rectification or cancellation of their personal data, through a request sent to the following email account: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The request should contain and include the following:
- Your name, address or other means for communicating our response to your request.
- Documentation that accredits your identity.
- The type of right you wish to exercise.
- The data to which your request refers to
Data Controller will communicate a response to your request within a period of one month as of the date on which we receive your request. Under exceptional circumstances, Data Controller may extend this period for up to two months, taking into consideration the complexity and number of requests issued. If the request is considered to be erroneous or to have insufficient information, Data Controller will require that such deficiencies be remedied in order to process your request.
Our clients and users may their consent for processing personal data, without any retroactive effects, in all cases in which said revocation does not imply the impossibility of complying with obligations derived from a current legal relationship.
Clients and users guarantee, and are liable for, the veracity, preciseness, validity and authenticity of the facilitated personal data, and agree to maintain such data duly updated, informing Data Controller of any changes.
Our associates’ websites use technology known as “cookies” and “web beacons” (jointly, “cookies”), for the following purposes:
- Enable the functionalities of the website.
- Analyze the use that users and/or visitors give the website.
- Remember the browsing preferences of said users and/or visitors.
- Register the sites users have visited and generate advertisements with content that is relevant to them.
- Collect statistical data related to browsing, transactions and origins.
In order to achieve these purposes, we use classifiable cookies, such as:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Are those required for the operation of the website. These types of cookies include those that allow for secure registrations in specific sites of the website.
- Analytical Cookies: Are those that allow Data Controller to recognize and count the number of users of our website, as well as to analyze navigation within it. These cookies allow a better functionality of the website, identifying areas and information that users seek with then site.
- Functional Cookies: Are those that improve the website’s functionality or facilitate its use. For example, through the registration of prior visits or prior registration in our services.
- Targeting/Marketing Cookies: Are those that register your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have chosen. These cookies allow for the generation of advertisements based on your most relevant interests or preferences.
Our associates’ websites may store strictly necessary cookies in your device, so that the website may function properly. Based on the places from which you visit, we may require your consent for the use of the other aforementioned cookies.
Amendments or updates to this Privacy Notice
December 21st, 2020