Palace Foundation & Eco Tourism
La Fundación Palace Resorts aporta a nuestra Comunidad
Palace Resorts Foundation is an institution created by Palace Resorts to help the inhabitants of Quintana Roo, Yucatan, Jalisco and Nayarit overcome challenging health issues, to assist in the development of social projects, personal dreams and education, as well as to promote ecological culture.
Palace Resorts Foundation is a nonprofit organization based in Cancun, Mexico. The Foundation became fully operational on February 4, 2004 and has since been authorized to receive donations that are tax deductible in the US.
The Foundation was created as an initiative of Palace Resorts, S.A of C.V Directors. Our goal is to bring hope to the inhabitants of Quintana Roo, Yucatan, Jalisco and Nayarit who, because of their economic situation, are subject to social vulnerabilities.
Vision & Objectives
Strengthening the Foundation as an institution of second-tier social assistance to promote, motivate and coordinate the participation of other sectors of society in the procurement of better living conditions. The Foundation strives to uphold the following objectives:
- To establish contact with medical specialists and public and private health institutions in order to deliver the appropriate and necessary assistance to its beneficiaries.
- It seeks to deliver medical aid and assistance to all those in need by establishing contact with medical specialists as well as public and private health institutions.
- To deliver all collected goods to the appropriate beneficiaries.
- Palace Foundation hopes to develop relationships and establish mutually supporting networks with other institutions in hopes of promoting participation and developing social welfare programs.
- The Foundation seeks to promote and preserve the ecological culture within its community.
- Ensure viability and endurance of projects.
- To make dreams a reality.
Join Palace Resorts in Safeguarding Our Ecology
Palace Resorts safeguards native leatherback and loggerhead sea turtles under a program that protects turtle habitats in Cancun and Riviera Maya. Protected beach includes a nine-mile stretch in Cancun at Beach Palace, Cancun Palace and Sun Palace.
Approximately 800 turtles nest in this protected area each year, and each turtle produces hundreds of eggs. Palace Turtle Conservation Camps protect all turtles that nest on the beach or make their way onto hotel grounds by moving them to a dedicated facility where a team of scientists and specialists care for the turtles until they are ready to be released.
Palace Resorts guests have the unique opportunity to help care for and release turtles into the Caribbean Sea, helping Palace Resorts save more than 140,000 offspring of this endangered species.